The College of Biomedical Engineering and Technology currently undertakes examinations in two different categories:
1. Professional Examination
2. Certification Examination
The Professional Examination of the College of Biomedical Engineering and Technology is a requirement for individuals or members of the profession seeking to qualify for the various membership classes of the College. The examinations usually follow shortly after each career development courses organised by the College. However, candidates are required to register for the examination separately.
Professional examinations of the College with the respective certificates and diplomas are the following:
- Dissertation for the final Fellowship Examination leading to the award of the prestigious Fellowship of the College of Biomedical Engineering and Technology (FCBET)
- Advanced Biomedical engineering and technology Examination leading to the award of the Advanced Diploma in Biomedical Engineering and Technology.
- Intermediate Biomedical Engineering and Technology Examination leading to the award of the Professional Diploma in Biomedical Engineering and Technology.
- Basic Biomedical Engineering and Technology Examination leading to the award of the Professional Certificate in Basic Biomedical Engineering and Technology.
- Foundation Biomedical Engineering and Technology Examination leading to the award of the Professional Certificate in Foundation Biomedical Engineering and Technology.
Each year's Professional examination holds in the venue of the Career Development Course on designated date and venue.
The details of the various aspects of the examinations with their respective fees are as approved from time to time by the Council of the College on the recommendation of the Examination and Certification Committee of the College.
Intending candidates can register for the professional examination online by clicking professional examination.
The Certification Examination of the College of Biomedical Engineering and Technology is an annual requirement for practising biomedical engineering professional (re-certification) or newly graduated biomedical students who need to be qualified and certified to practice the biomedical engineering profession (new certification or simply certification). So the certification examination comes after a bme online course, during the College's CDC program annually or during any CPD-accredited session of the College for re-certification. Certification examinations can also follow shortly after a set of graduated students has completed their academic bme programme in their institution.
Intending candidates for the annual certification examination can apply online by clicking certification examination.